CANADIAN RED CROSS BABYSITTER’S COURSE AND STAYSAFE! COURSE
$59.00 per child, 8 hours, 1 day (BABYSITTING) or 6 hours, (STAYSAFE!)
*Group discounts are available for larger groups with a minimum of 8 people.
Babysitting Course Description
This course is designed for young adolescents of 11 years and up who want to become a babysitter or may already be one. After you have secured your groups interest, please contact our office to discuss possible training dates and times. For more information on how to organize a group, see Group Booking.
Because caring for children, is more than just child’s play.
For many young adolescents, babysitting is their first job. Our Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course can help them become real “pros”!
The program includes:
- Important child care skills
- Safety tips for children of all ages
- How to cope with common problems, like tantrums and crying
- What to do if anything makes the babysitter uncomfortable
- Some great games and other ideas for having fun with the kids while babysitting
- How to make the children’s environment safe and enjoyable
- What are the respective rights and responsibilities of the babysitter and the family hiring one
Emergencies sometimes do happen, even to the best babysitters. The Babysitter’s course teaches how to handle emergencies with confidence by providing the basic First Aid skills for such common problems such as:
- Sprains and Strains
- Bleeding & Poisoning
- Fire emergency & burn care
- And much more
For more information, or to schedule a course at your school or home, do not hesitate to call our office at (416) 960-5319 or email us email@example.com.
StaySafe! Course Description
Duration: 6 hours. Flexible scheduling options.
Real-world scenarios often call on children to respond to challenges. The Stay Safe! program teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills, while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety. Whether in their community or on their own, this group will be given better tools to Stay Safe! in a variety of different situations.
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
- First Aid Content:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911), recovery position, conscious choking (adult/child/alone), feeling unwell, asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, insect stings, wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)
Stay Safe! Workbook
Blended Learning means on-line / in-class training. Instead of doing two full days in class, you would complete half the course at home or office and the other half in-class. Participants must first complete the self-paced online component, which includes a knowledge evaluation, then successfully complete an Instructor-led classroom component (skills practice and evaluation session) in order to achieve certification. Currently, we offer Standard First Aid CPR/AED C or HCP and CPR/AED C or HCP.
Heart to Heart offers a few varieties of discounts.
When you choose a course and date you will see a drop-down menu listing our Student Discount prices. Be sure to click on the Student Discount price and bring your student ID or any proof you are a student to the course.
In the same drop-down menu you will see our "Bring A Friend" prices - if you have even more friends that want to come, please contact our office and we will either honour the same price or extend an even better discount.
If you organize a group and have over 8 participants, we can come to your location. Inquire with our office and we will send your desired course description with our group price breakdowns - basically, the more participants you have, the cheaper the price. For groups less than 7 participants, we can book your group into any of our public courses, and you will still receive a great discount. For more information, see Group Bookings or Book a Group above OR contact our office.